Dining Room/Banquet Manager - Terrace Hotel Lakeland - Terrace Hotel Lakeland, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Terrace Hotel Lakeland is an elegant urban oasis in the heart of Downtown Lakeland. Terrace Hotel is a 10-story hotel built in 1924 that features 88 guest rooms, on-site restaurant and up to 3,185 sq. ft. of event space. The hotel completed a full renovation in 2021 and joined Hilton under its new name the Terrace Hotel Lakeland, Tapestry Collection by Hilton. Check out our progress on our Instagram
Benefits for full-time associates:
- 2 weeks of vacation pay your first year
- 4 sick days/year
- 2 hours paid volunteer time/month
- Holiday pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance plan options
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Discounts on hotel rooms worldwide
- Direct deposit payroll
As a family-owned business built on genuine relationships, the character and quality of our staff is integral to delivering the culture of service our clients expect. Members of our team serve each other, our partners, and their community with kindness and respect, while inspiring successful returns for everyone. The diverse and intimate size of Naples Hotel Group encourages each associate's voice to be heard, fostering a dynamic environment of communal creativity that's rife with opportunities for advancement.
The Dining Room/Banquet Manager is responsible for overseeing all facets of daily operations of the front of the house and events. These responsibilities include but are not limited delivering a high-end guest experience, guidance and support to the wait staff, bartenders, runners, and hosts. Most importantly the candidate must have a passion for hospitality and a drive to create a culture their team loves to work in.
- Ensure the efficient and profitable business performance of the restaurant and the optimal utilization of staff and resources.
- Set operating goals and objectives
- Implement, train, and maintain the "9" Steps of Service
- Hire, train and coach staff
- Prepare and implement standard operating procedures
- Manage staff performance in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Ensure staff know and adhere to established codes of practice
- Organize and monitor staff schedules
- Maintain employee records
- Co-ordinate restaurant operations during each shift
- Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in kitchen and restaurant
- Keep records of health and safety practices
- Ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures
- Ensure alcohol regulations are adhered to
- Interact with customers
- Advise customers on food and beverage choices
- Oversee preparation of food and beverage items
- Ensure adherence to set recipes
- Ensure quality of food and beverage presentation
- Observe size of food portions and preparation quantities to minimize waste
- Interact with customers to ensure all inquiries and complaints are handled promptly
- Plan and co-ordinate menus
- Analyze food and beverage costs and assign menu prices
- Total restaurant receipts and reconcile with sales
- Ensure cash management procedures are completed accurately
- Set and monitor budgets
- Analyze budget variances and take corrective actions
- Establish and implement financial controls
- Implement and oversee cost cutting measures
- Plan and monitor restaurant sales and revenue
- Organize and supervise marketing and promotional activities
- Maintain business records
- Prepare and analyze management reports
- Determine and execute operating improvements
- Check and order supplies of non-food items
- Identify and estimate food and beverage supply requirements and place orders with suppliers
- Negotiate purchase prices and develop preferred suppliers
- Schedule food and beverage deliveries
- Check quality of deliveries and documentation
- Ensure correct storage of supplies
- Arrange for maintenance and repairs of equipment and services
- Identify and evaluate competitors in the market
- keep current with trends in the restaurant industry
- Greet each guest that you encounter during your shift with a friendly smile.
- Ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Follow hotel procedures for reporting and turning in lost and found articles.
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary to resolve service requests or problems.
- Ensure guest and associate safety by following established security procedures including emergency procedures, key security and protecting guest and company confidential information.
- Follow all company and safety procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- 2 years experience as a FOH restaurant supervisor, preferably in fine dining.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects in excess of 50 pounds with assistance. Stands, sits, or walks for an extended time period.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
*Employment is conditional on candidate's successful completion of pre-hire drug and background screening
|Posted on||16 Sep 2021|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|More details (document)|